“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” George Orwell


Monday, May 17, 2010

Autism & Alleluias

I was contacted recently about reviewing the new book, Autism & Alleluias here. The book is written by Kathleen Deyer Bolduc and as my friend Bill Gaventa describes in the Forward is like a "book of modern day psalms." I think it is the kind of book that parents or family members of an individual with autism would read and find encouraging. The reader gets a snapshot of life experience with someone with autism, and then is pointed back to scripture, faith, prayer in integrating that experience. The average reader will find this book very accessible. I think it would also give someone who isn't very experienced about life with a child with autism many insights into the challenges that parents and families face.


McNair

2 comments:

jason said...

I think this book by Kathleen Deyer Bolduc is very important for parents who have children with autism. Many people including parents do not fully understand how to take care of a child with Autism, so I think this book sounds wonderful for educating a person on what to expect and how to be prepared.

Anonymous said...

Yours is the third positive review of this book I have read.